Thursday, February 10, 2011

Well, I gave up P90X cause my "hold me accountable friend" moved away and because that stuff is TOUGH!!!! I do run occassionally, in fact I actually pulled my lazy bum out of bed at 5:30am 2 days ago and ran a couple miles. GO mE! I'm doing the GAR again this year too (but I'm walking it with a friend instead of running it this time...gonna take FOR EVER!)

I think I may need to get a job soon but I am not really sure where to begin. I have been taking classes with GCU for a year now and so far my classes have been paid for by MYCAA but now that is no more and though I have applied for several scholarships, they are not going to go very far even if I DO get them. I do not want to be a burden on my husband but on the flip side, I want to be available to him if he needs me during the day and for my kids if their school needs me and I want to be home in the afternoons when they get home and I can't work Sundays. So I thought a part time day job would help but my schedule really slims things. I previously had done FCC but that just isn't going to work for me now. I am a back up provider but I rarely get calls. I want to continue with my degree but I don't want my husband to spend a ton of money (loans are an absolute NO). What to do what to do?? I would love to work at a library (do you need a degree to stack books????) or at my kids school.

4 comments:

  1. Why don't you apply for a grant? From my understanding, military spouses go for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! FREE? NO, not unless I choose to use his GI bill and I want to save that for the kids. I qualified for a partical grant and military wives get something called MYCAA ($6,000) but I have been taking classes for over a year now and all that is used up. :( I applied for a $1,000 scholarship recently but wont hear about that until after april and there are lots of people going for it so my chances are low. Any other ideas??? I applied for 2 jobs (been a long time since I been in the work force!). Be in prayer for me...I'm up in the air about what to do. If I get the job, I'll keep taking classes (but what am I going to do about the kids over spring/summer break??? I don't want to put them in some kind of day care), if I do not get the (or a) job soon, I may just stop taking classes for awhile. What to do what to do ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not get something in the school. Cafeteria, library or teacher's ad, substitute?? I'm sure if they know you're going to school to teach they would love to have you working there.
    As for the conference, it was at Thomas Road and the only speaker I recognized was Gary Smalley. They were all good. Oh and Chaunda Pierce the comedian was there. We weren't impressed with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked about that last year and they didn't need anyone. I havn't asked this year, I should cause something could have opened up, I help out pretty often, maybe I'll mention it to someone next time I go. Also you have to have a degree to substitute.

    ReplyDelete